Flickr's Panopticon

There's a group on photo-sharing website Flickr, called the Panopticon which is a pool of entertaining, and downright terrifying photographs of CCTV culture. I've included some of my favourite ones below but I advise going over there and taking a look at some of the great work these people have been doing.



This photo appeals to me because it reminds me of something a friend said to me about Manchester; "Even their cameras have cameras." This is certainly the case here, where it seems as if the cameras are looking at each other.



There's just something wonderfully pointless about this photograph of seven cameras that all seem to pointing at the same point, not so much panoptic as monoptic.



Whilst the sentiment is undoubtedly there, is something rather unsettling and Big Brother Live Feed-esque about this new development in baby safety hardware.


And finally this bizarre image, "may be equipped"? We're clearly expected to believe this black plastic circle with the camera inside is a unique design feature.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home